Kindle Fires are capable of viewing Kindle format ebooks (using the device itself or using the Overdrive Media Console app) and playing MP3 audiobooks (using the Overdrive Media Console app).
You can borrow up to 5 titles at a time.
You must have an internet connection before you can begin.
If this does not apply to you, move on to the next section.
1. If you do not have an Amazon account, open your internet browser and go to www.amazon.com to create one. You can create an account by clicking/tapping Hello. Sign in Your Account in the top center right of the screen and clicking/tapping Start here.
2. Your Kindle arrives already registered to the account used to purchase it. If you need to change the registration, go to the Amazon Help and Support page at: www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html and search for “your Kindle version” and “registration” (without quotes). Find the guide to your Kindle version and follow the steps provided to deregister and register your account.
Downloading a Kindle Ebook:
1. Open your internet browser.
2. Go to the Library on the Go! website at monmouth.lib.overdrive.com.
3. Tap Sign In at the top right corner of the Library on the Go! page. Type in your library card number (without spaces) and tap Sign In.
4. To search, type in the title you are looking for into the search box and tap the magnifying glass.
To browse, tap on the genre of ebook that you are interested in.
5. Ebooks that are unavailable have a gray book icon in the top right corner of the cover.Tap on the cover, then tap Place a Hold to join the waiting list. When the book is available for you, you will receive an email notification. You will have 3 days to check the book out before you lose your place in line (unless you have automatic checkout).
6. Ebooks that are available for checkout have a dark book icon in the top right corner of the cover. Tap on the cover, then tap Borrow to check out.
7. Tap Download and select Kindle. Tap Confirm and Download. You will be redirected to the Amazon website. If you share your computer/device with someone else, make sure that you are logged into Amazon, otherwise the ebook will be checked out to the other person!
8. Double check where the Kindle ebook will be delivered, and tap Get Library Book.
If you are not signed into your Amazon account, tap Get Library Book and you will be prompted to sign in and select the ebook’s destination on the next screen.
9. Your ebook should be delivered to your Kindle.
Returning a Kindle Ebook:
1. Go to www.amazon.com and sign into your account.
2. Tap Your Account.
3. Under Digital Content, tap on Manage Your Content and Devices. Amazon will list the titles you have on your account. Ebooks borrowed from the library are denoted by the words Borrowed.
4. Find the title you would like to return and tap the ellipsis (. . .) in the Actions column and then tap Return this book. Confirm by tapping Yes.
Ebooks will automatically return themselves after the checkout period has ended. However, the information for the title will remain on your device and in your Amazon account until you delete it. You can remove these titles by tapping the check box to the left of the title and then tapping Delete.
For Audiobooks and Ebooks Using Overdrive Media Console:
Please consult the Overdrive Media Console app guide.